Saturday, November 24, 2012

Something Beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg

Something beautiful is beginning to happen.
I watched this Ted Talk about three weeks ago and knew I wanted to post about the reaction it stirred in me. I am glad I waited. Because now a beautiful thing is beginning to happen where I am beginning to experience this African pride for myself.
When I first saw this video, I understood that Africa is misunderstood, that's what everyone tells me. But now I'm really beginning to gain my own understanding of why and how, whereby I am gaining a proper understanding of one of the many beautiful, prosperous, multi-tiered African cultures for myself.
I will not distract from the video - I want you to watch it. Watch it, digest it, and soon I will post about my developing American-African identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment