Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good Cop, Bad Cop...Good Cop



            I watched part of The Departed last night. It was a nice change of pace from all the goodness I have been surrounded by these past few days. It was the classic good cop bad cop battle, but in this case the bad cop wins everytime. It’s logic, really. With “society” as his responsibility, the good cop falls behind. The bad cop, on the other hand, is constantly a step ahead because he only has his own back to watch. Thus, he wins. Go home and teach that to your kids, huh?

            But goodness is good too.  Yesterday, Josephine, Princely and I had our first meeting about Uzima. I have learned so much about the organization since my arrival here, one major thing being that it is a newborn baby. Josephine plans to call me a co-founder, which I am honored and excited by. The main purpose of yesterday’s meeting was to identify Uzima’s mission statement, brainstorm the various projects that Uzima will take on and categorize them as teaching/training, healing, or preaching projects, identify methods of self-sustainability, and begin to establish a timeline for the organization. We have decided that we want to truly kick it off, have the programs started, by the time I leave in December. So far, that goal seems very possible to me.
            The idea behind today’s work is to establish a schedule for me from now through December. That way, instead of taking this day by day, I will wake up each morning knowing what my responsibilities are for the day, week, and month. I will report back at the end of the day. Hasta la pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment